June 2020 - Novell Design Build
- By London Camaclang
Our Grandview Lanway Residence is still one of Vancouver’s best laneway designs! This week, its custom features caught the eye of Montecristo Magazine’s design team:
Inside 9 of Vancouver’s Coolest Laneway Houses | Montecristo Magazine
A living green roof and a 360-degree, floor-to-ceiling bookcase are highlights of this dreamy Grandview laneway residence by Novell Design Build.Katie Nanton |Montecristo Magazine
Take a peek inside some of our favourite building features:
- The bedrooms downstairs are designed for comfort and relaxation, while the upstairs kitchen, living and south-facing patio allows for sunlight-filled entertainment.
- The vaulted, 12 foot high ceilings and the 360-degree custom shelving for beautiful CD storage.
- Hidden drawers and convertible closets make for hassle-free storage.
- The mechanical room is suspended horizontally and accessible from the deck.
- It features an eco-friendly and cost-effective living green roof.
Most of all, a beautiful space is best when it provides an abundance of joy!
Multigenerational Design Build houses are the future of Vancouver’s residential growth. Hidden density can be accomplished without demolition, or losing the character of our neighbourhoods.