Work with NOVELL DESIGN BUILD
We currently have 1 job opportunity:
- All Round Skilled Labourer
We’re always on the lookout for talented, hard-working, like-minded individuals. If you don’t see the role you’re looking for but are certain you’d make a great addition to our team, please don’t hesitate to forward your resume to careers[at]novelldesignbuild.com.
Established in 2005, Novell Design Build is a family-owned construction company that has become an industry leader in the homebuilding industry. Novell Design Build has crafted meaningful home throughout Metro Vancouver.
We offer growth potential – yours and ours. We believe in competitive remuneration, personal and professional growth for our team members, with internal promotions. Full time staff enjoy extended health care, dental care, vision care, and an employee assistance program.
We pride ourselves on a respectful work environment, a positive, professional and inclusive culture, and a tight-knit team.
We have cultivated an extensive professional network and recently expanded with a sister company, Novella Outdoors. Novell Design Build is a HAVAN member, BBB member, RenoMark Renovators and a BC Builders Code signatory. Our Director Laurel James is the first chair of HAVAN’s Women’s Council.
Please send your resume to “careers [ at ] novelldesignbuild.com”
Please include a portfolio if applying to a design-related position.
While we appreciate all applications, only a shortlist of applicants will be contacted for interviews.
All Round Skilled Labourer
Perform a comprehensive set of physical labouring tasks – from rough framing to finishing, tiling, and finish carpentry on all areas and aspects of the construction project, demonstrating your construction skills with an aptitude, working with tools, lumber and materials, under the direction of Site Supervisor.
- 5 years related experience minimum – open to higher levels of experience into senior levels
- Construction labour abilities from a generalist perspective
- Strong English oral communication skills
- On the road job – Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
- Work Site Environment – Outdoors, At heights, Dusty
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities – Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity
- Various work locations
- Valid driver’s licence
- Your own vehicle to get from site to site Basic safety wear and weather-appropriate gear including steel toe boots, hard hat, gloves, rain suit; basic hand tools Able to read and interpret blueprint drawings, specifications & other construction documents
- Communicating with a thoughtful and positive respectful demeanour
- Effective interpersonal skills, Values and ethics, Organized, Excellent oral communication
- Works cooperatively and productively within a team
Renumeration: Competitive based on experience + benefits