Work with NOVELL DESIGN BUILD
We currently have 1 job opportunities:
- All Round Skilled Labourer
We’re always on the lookout for talented, hard-working, like-minded individuals. If you don’t see the role you’re looking for but are certain you’d make a great addition to our team, please don’t hesitate to forward your resume to careers[at]novelldesignbuild.com.
Established in 2005, Novell Design Build is a family-owned construction company that has become an industry leader in the homebuilding industry. With over 15 years of experience Novell Design Build has crafted meaningful home throughout Metro Vancouver. We pride ourselves on a respectful work environment where people can grow and develop with the team.
We offer growth potential – yours and ours. We believe in personal and professional growth for our team members, with a culture of internal promotions. Full time staff enjoy company events, extended health care, dental care, vision care, and an employee assistance program. We have cultivated an extensive professional network and recently expanded with a sister company, Novella Outdoors.
Novell Design Build is a HAVAN member, BBB member, RenoMark Renovators and a BC Builders Code signatory. Our Director Laurel James is the first chair of HAVAN’s Women’s Council. Our team offers a positive, professional and inclusive environment, a tight-knit team, competitive remuneration, benefits and the opportunity to grow.
Please send your resume to “careers [ at ] novelldesignbuild.com”
Please include a portfolio if applying to a design-related position.
While we appreciate all applications, only a shortlist of applicants will be contacted for interviews.
All Round Skilled Labourer
Full Time, Permanent
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a genuine love of homebuilding, wants to learn and grow within a supportive environment while striving for excellent craftsmanship. The environment is one of respect for ambitious individuals.
Beyond the requirements below, we are looking for applicants with a proactive attitude, strong work ethic, respectful demeanor, and common sense.
Responsibilities include a wide variety of tasks related to homebuilding onsite, including but not limited to; demolition by hand & tool, forming, framing, insulation, drywall, waterproofing, interior and exterior finishing, clean up and deficiency work.
All work to be done under the direction of our Builder & Site Supervisor.
- General Skilled Labour– Perform a wide variety of physical labouring tasks on all areas and aspects of the construction project, working with tools, lumber and materials, under the direction of Site Supervisor.
- End each day by spending the last part of your work shift on routine cleaning of site.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- 2-5 years related experience minimum – open to all levels of experience into senior levels
- Construction labour abilities – whether from a specific trade perspective or a generalist perspective
- Basic safety wear and weather-appropriate gear including steel toe boots, hard hat, gloves, rain suit; basic hand tools
- Able to read and interpret blueprint drawings, specifications & other construction documents
- A strong work ethic
- An attention to detail
- Communicating with a thoughtful and positive respectful demeanour
- Ability to take direction with English oral communication skills
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and vehicle
Valued Skillset – considered an asset:
- Experience with framing, carpentry and/or finishing
- A strong understanding of residential construction – VBBL /BC Building Code knowledge
The Ideal candidate will also have the following personal attributes:
- Passionate about the craftsmanship of a home, and work that is thoughtfully done
- Safeguards the company – works pro-actively to avoid errors, and thoughtfully navigates the project path ahead with the company in mind
- Works cooperatively and productively within a team
- Willingness to learn and be challenged with an eye towards continual improvement
Minimum $26 / hour and up – no upper limit
Competitive based on experience
Shared benefits package for full time staff after the probationary period.