design-build Archives - Novell Design Build
- By novelladmin
Work with NOVELL DESIGN BUILD
We currently have 5 job opportunities:
- Project Coordinator * hiring immediately
- (Junior or Intermediate) Residential Designer/Architectural Technician
- Senior Interior Designer
- Skilled Labourer * hiring immediately
- General Labourer * hiring immediately
We are an industry-leading Design Build firm, growing tremendously in our 15th year of business. We offer growth potential – yours and ours. We believe in personal and professional growth for our team members, with a culture of internal promotions. Over the last 15 years, we have cultivated an extensive professional network and have recently expanded with a sister company, Novella Outdoors.
Novell Design Build is a HAVAN member, BBB member, RenoMark Renovators and a BC Builders Code signatory. Our Director Laurel James is the first chair of HAVAN’s Women’s Council. Our team offers a positive, professional and inclusive environment, a tight-knit team, competitive remuneration, benefits and the opportunity to grow.
Here’s a quick summary of our Project Coordinator and Residential Designer/Architectural Technician positions available. Visit Novell Design Build’s Careers Page to learn more.
Full Time, Permanent * Hiring Immediately
Application deadline: 2021-09-13
- Estimating– scope creation, bid creation, vendor bid evaluation, purchasing and bid awards
- Budget Coordination , once the work is underway, working alongside Project Manager and Accounting team to track and report on budget updates.
- Schedule Coordination – collaboratively work the schedule, coordinating components and driving progress through the construction workflow
- Design Coordination – drawing and specification interpretation, scope of work creation & work collaboratively throughout the construction workflow.
- Vendor Management – prequalify new vendors, negotiate vendor subcontracts and work collaboratively throughout the construction workflow.
- Quality Control – play a role in receiving, verification of goods and services
Residential Designer/Architectural Technician
Full Time, Permanent
- Produce Drawing Deliverables – Assist in producing residential design drawings for permit and presentation using a combination of Vectorworks CAD, Vectorworks 3D and hand-produced work.
- Develop Design Selections – Assist in developing material and product selections, sourcing the market for solutions and integrating specifications/instructions into design drawings accordingly.
- Coordinate Design During Construction – Assist in producing and administrating supportive materials through construction, including: door/window schedules, site directions, change orders, responding to RFIs, or similar.
- Meet occasionally with suppliers, subconsultants, product and service providers to broaden our knowledge base.
- Assist with estimating the cost of projects from a design selections perspective.
- Assist with the research, development and organization of our product and vendor libraries.
- Learn to evaluate projects from a zoning, code and/or building performance perspective.
- Learn to flex different design muscles in response to the client’s vision.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with our sub-trades, suppliers and clients.
Please send your resume to “careers [ at ] novelldesignbuild.com”
While we appreciate all applications, only a shortlist of applicants will be contacted for interviews.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, hard-working, like-minded individuals. If you don’t see the role you’re looking for but are certain you’d make a great addition to our team, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- By novelladmin
Creating meaningful space through thoughtful design gets us excited.
As humans, we are complex organisms with creature needs, habits, cultural behaviours, and social requirements.
Our homes are personally reflective of these complexities. Whether intentional or not, they are an extension of ourselves, becoming intricately intertwined with our daily experiences.
Our home physiologically influences our behaviour, emotions, and overall mental health. The question then becomes: How does one insert intention and meaning into that equation?
As designers, we plan a home around universal needs such as gathering, and relaxing. We employ our technical expertise in building science, vet our work through constructability reviews, and we follow laws of good proportion, balance and rhythm through our aesthetic approach. We continually learn and look for better ways to build and better ways to create.
But that isn’t enough. We feel that in order to design well, we must go further and find out how to make space matter and how to make it matter to you. Creating meaningful space that is intended for your desired experiences is what gets us excited. We became designers out of an interest in the psychology of space.
Any one of a thousand variables in a space can affect one’s psychology. The volume, light, material, smells, views, connections, and number of steps between experiences all shape whether a space will decompress you, excite you, relax you, facilitate gathering, facilitate retreat, or facilitate memories.
An event is a continual set of exchanges between you and your surroundings. The rooms and buildings we occupy shape us as much as we shape them.
It is incredibly rewarding to combine thoughtful and responsive attention to human needs while creatively shaping space for optimal living experiences that are important to you.
So what’s important to you?